The development team at CyanogenMod keeps releasing Nightlies from time to time. The latest Nightly is based on AOSP Android 4.3 and if you are planning to install it on your Android Device then please read the instructions below:
– Make sure you use the instructions in this tutorial only on a T-Mobile variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
– The Android Device should be factory unlocked to start with, should be rooted and should be running a Custom Recovery image (Ex: CWM / TWRP)
– Please remember that during the Factory Reset step, all the data will be wiped out from the system partition. This step is followed because the new ROM would not have problems installing and booting in normal mode.
– You can be rest assured that the data stored on the Internal / External storage would not be due to this installation.
– Make sure you back up all your installed apps. You can do this using apps like the Helium app or you could also use the Titanium Backup tool.
– Make sure you backup all your sms, call register and APN Internet settings as well
– You can save your Contacts data on the Google Cloud by syncing your contacts with your Gmail account
– Create a restore point for your currently installed ROM by using Nandroid Backup.
– Using the developers option you will have to enable the USB Debugging
– Charge your smartphone’s battery to the fullest so it does not switch off during the installation process.
– Follow this tutorial only if you are an experienced users. We will not be responsible if your brick your Android device.
Follow the tutorial below to Update T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 To Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Using Official CM 10.2 Nightly ROM
1. First of all, you will have to download the latest CM 10.2 Nightly ROM. You can download it here
2. Next, you will have to download the Google Apps for our Android 4.3 Custom ROM. You can download it here
3. Now connect your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to your PC via USB cable
4. Move the downloaded CM 10.2 Nightly and Google Apps .zip files to your Smartphone’s internal storage. Make sure you remember the location of the files where you have moved them, you will need this later on as we progress.
5. Once you are done copying the files, go ahead and disconnect your smartphone from the PC
6. Turn off your Galaxy Note 2
7. Now boot the Android device using either the CWM or TWP recovery mode.
8. You will need to create a NANDROID Backup of your existing installed ROM :
– For TWRP Recovery : Select Backup, then choose the files which you would like to back up and confirm
– For CWM Recovery : Select “Backup and Restore” and then select confirm
9. You will now have to use “factory reset” to ensure a smooth installation of the CM 10.2 Nightly ROM :
– For TWRP Recovery : Tap Wipe > Factory Reset > Confirm
– For CWM Recovery : Choose Wipe Data or Factory Reset and the select Confirm
You can skip this step in case your device is already running on a previous CM 10.2 Nightly build
In case the new ROM is not booting then you will have to come back to this step and the apply factory reset.
10. You will now have to initiate the installation process of CM 10.2 Nightly ROM on your device :
– For TWRP Recovery : Tap on Install. Locate the CM 10.2 Nightly zip file and then tap on the blue button to install
– For CWM Recovery : Choose “Install zip from sdcard” and then select “choose zip from sdcard”. Locate the CM 10.2 Nightly zip file and then confirm installation
11. After flashing the CM 10.2 on your device, You will have to repeat the previous step, but you will be flashing the Google Apps zip file this time
12. Once you have finished installing the zip files, just go back to the CWM/TWRP recovery screen.
13. Reboot the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Your device will boot in normal mode and this could take a while as this would be the first boot after the CM 10.2 Nightly ROM. If the device does not boot properly and goes into a boot loop, then you should switch off your device and repeat all the instructions starting from Step 6.
Congratulations, you have just Updated your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 To Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Using Official CM 10.2 Nightly ROM